This Lasagne is very easy to make in the morning. All you need to do, to tuck in at dinnertime is shove it in the oven, there is enough for everyone. It’s also a good dish to play around with different ingredients. Try endive instead spinach or mascarpone instead of ricotta.
750-800 gr. Basic tomato sauce (the lesser ingredients the more flavour you can add yourself with seasoning/ fresh herbs etc.)
250 gr. Fresh lasagne pasta sheets
450 gr. Spinach (I used shop-bought de-frosted spinach à la crème. But you can just as easily use fresh and mix with a bit of cream or milk)
250 gr. Ricotta cheese
250 gr. Baked chicken (pre-bake with a bit of of salt/pepper. I’m never keen to put raw chicken in)
50-100 gr. Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
50 gr. Grated soft cheese (any strong flavoured cheese would do)
Seasoning: salt, pepper, chili pepper, dried Italian herbs and any fresh herbs you have laying around
– Pre-heat the oven to 190C (electric oven).
– Mix the tomato sauce with salt, pepper, chili pepper, Italian herbs and any fresh herbs you have, to taste.
– Loosen the Ricotta cheese and mix with half of the grated soft cheese. Again; season to taste.
– Layer the Lasagne like the traditional one, remembering; start with tomato sauce, end with tomato sauce. The way I did it: layer of tomato sauce and chicken varied with a layer of spinach and Ricotta cheese.
– When all is layered, finish with the left over soft cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
– Put in the oven for approx. 45 min.