This deliciously looking potato will be a hit at dinner parties. It’s easy to make and can be prepared well in advance. It will do well next to a light salad and marinated pork chops or chicken. And don’t forget the barbecue, or serve as a vegetarian side dish by leaving out the salami.
4 big, floury Potatoes
125 ml. Crème Fraîche
A few sprigs of Chives, finely chopped (plus extra to serve)
Salt and Pepper
100 gr. grated Cheese
4-6 slices of Salami, finely chopped (leave out for the vegetarian version)
For the fresh topping/sauce (optional):
125 ml. Crème Fraîche
60 ml. Mayonnaise
1 tbsp Lemon juice
A few sprigs of Chives, finely chopped
Salt and pepper
– Preheat the oven to 200C (electric oven).
– Wash the potatoes well, dry them off. Wrap the potatoes individually in foil and place them in the middle of the oven. Bake for 1-1,5 hours, depending on the size of the potato. You’ll know it’s ready when you can stick a fork in the potato without feeling resistance.
Until this point, the preparation can be done hours in advance or even the day before.
– Slice the potatoes in half, lengthwise, or just cut the top off, lengthwise. Scoop the inside of the potato out, leaving about 1 cm on each side so the skin won’t break. Put on a baking tray and season the inside of the potatoes with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
TIP: to make sure your potatoes won’t fall over, use the foil you’ve wrapped them in, make a little basket out of them and put the potato on top.
– Mash the potato you’ve scooped out, with a fork. Add the crème fraîche, chopped chives and season to taste with salt and pepper.
– Fill the potatoes with the mixture. Cover each stuffed potato with a good amount of grated cheese.
– Put the potatoes back into the oven (still at 200C) for 15 min., until the cheese has melted and starts to turn golden.
– To serve: bake the chopped salami into a frying pan until crisp. Put on a paper towel to get rid off most of the fat. Sprinkle over the potatoes along with some chopped up chives.
– Mix the crème fraîche, mayonnaise, lemon juice and chopped chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve separately or drizzle over the potatoes right before serving.