These French cakes from the Breton region bring back holiday memories. Salty sweet cakes with a hint of lemon almost makes you feel that ocean breeze through your hair. Also magnifique: it can be made lactose free. Très bien!
150 gr. Butter, very soft, but not melted (use vegetable/soy based (margarine) to make it lactose free)
150 gr. Sugar
Big pinch of salt
5 Egg yolks
200 gr. Flour
4 tsp Baking powder
– Preheat the oven to 180C (electric oven)
– Put the butter, sugar, salt and zest of the two lemons in a mixer and mix until it has combines well and looks pale white.
TIP: don’t use too fine dough hooks, but the chunkier ones. When the butter is not soft enough, the dough can form a ball. For the taste and end result it’s not a disaster, but it can brake or bent your dough hooks.
– Add the egg yolks and mix again until fully combined.
– Mix the flower and baking powder. While the mixer is on, add a tablespoon of the flower mixture at the time. Mix until you have a smooth dough/ batter.
– Grease a muffin tin (or place paper cupcake cases in the muffin tin), and divide the mixture. Smooth the top of the batter with the back of a warm spoon.
– Bake the cakes for 22-25 min. until they are golden brown.
Note: Always make sure yourself that all the ingredients that you use are suitable for your allergy, in this case lactose intolerance.