This fresh and zingy treat of coconut and strawberry is a great way to end a meal on a warm summers day. It’s easy to make and the fruit can be changed according to taste and season; try it sometime with blueberries, raspberries or even peaches.
200 gr. Strawberries
1 Lemon, zest and juice
50 gr. Butter, soft but not melted
50 gr. Sugar
50 gr. Flour
1 tsp Baking powder
50 gr. Coconut, grated
50 gr. Crème Fraîche
– Preheat the oven to 180C (electric oven).
– Wash the strawberries and take the crowns off. Set aside 4 big strawberries and chop the rest in small pieces. Squeeze the juice of 1/4 of a lemon over the chopped strawberries and set aside.
– Put the butter with the sugar in a bowl and beat until it looks pale and smooth. Mix in the egg and crème fraîche. Zest the lemon and stir through.
– Add the flour, baking powder and grated coconut to the butter mix and combine well.
– Divide the chopped strawberries over 4 ramekins (or crème brulée dishes). Spread the cake mixture over the four ramekins.
– Cut the remaining strawberries into slices (or a fan) and put one strawberry on each dish.
– Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake is cooked.