Every country, city and restaurant has their own version of a classic Club Sandwich. Why not give this variation with mackerel a try? It can serve as a good filling lunch or dinner accompanied by French fries and a salad.
6 slices of White Bread (casino), toasted
4 tbsp Mayonnaise
Bunch of Chives, chopped
50-75 gr. Lettuce (I used lamb’s lettuce)
150 gr. Smoked Mackerel
300 gr. French Fries (I used oven baked)
Mayonnaise and/ or Ketchup to serve
– Prepare the French Fries according to package instructions.
– Spread half the mayonnaise on 2 of the slices of bread. And sprinkle half the chives over it.
– Slice the tomatoes and divide them over the bread slices with mayonnaise.
– Add a 1/4 of the mackerel on top of each tomato covered slice of bread.
– Spread the remaining mayonnaise on another 2 slices of bread. Add the remaining chives.
– Divide the lettuce over the two slices of bread.
– Add the remaining mackerel.
– Layer the sandwiches as following: start with the tomato part, top that with the lettuce part and finish with a plain slice of bread.
Serve the sandwiches with the fries, a salad and extra mayonnaise or ketchup to taste.