Originally this omelet should be filled with crab, but that’s not greatly available over here, so salty cooked ham will do the trick. This omelet is stuffed chock full of delicious filling and together with sweet and sour Foo Yong Hai sauce, a real treat.
This omelet is part of the rijsttafel-recipes.
Makes 1 very big omelet
150 gr. cooked Ham
3 Spring Onions
150 gr. Mushrooms
1/2 Red Onion
A handful of Parsley, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
300 ml Foo Yong Hai sauce (see recipe: here)
– Chop the ham in 1 cm cubes.
– Wash all the vegetables and chop them finely.
– Heat some oil or butter in a frying pan and fry the ham and vegetables for 4 minutes. Add the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Take out of the pan and put aside.
– Mix the eggs with some salt and pepper. Add to the frying pan and bake the eggs on a low heat until it sets.
– Spread the filling on one half of the omelet and flip over the other half of the egg.
Serve with the Foo Yong Hai sauce.