Simple and cheap ingredients but bang full of flavour. This quick dish will bring you to the Middle-East and will still your hunger in no time. For non-vegetarians you can just add some chicken and for the ones who need something to extinguish the spice-fire; serve it with some yogurt or sour cream.
1 can Chick Peas (400 gr.)
1 cube of Stock (vegetable or chicken)
100 gr. White Raisins
2 tsp Curry powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
300 gr. Rice
– Put the chickpeas in a strainer and catch the liquid. Put the liquid in a measuring cup and complement with boiling water up to 600 ml. Put in the stock cube so it will dissolve.
– Chop the onions and courgettes. Put a bit of oil in a frying pan and saute the onion. Add the courgette and fry for 2 minutes.
– Add the raisins, chick peas, curry powder, chili powder and coriander powder and stir through.
– Add the rice and coat the rice with the oil and spices.
– Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Let it simmer, with the lid on, for 15 minutes.
– Stir the rice and if there is any liquid left, simmer for another 5 minutes until all is absorbed.
Serve with some chopped fresh herbs (parsley or coriander) and yogurt or sour cream.