The vegetables have rocketed out of the ground, the herbs are in their prime and the trees have done their job delivering fruit. Now it is our duty to make wonderful and delicious meals with it. I have an apricot tree in my garden which produces fruits to cook with. This is a great recipe for some left over apricots, but would also taste great with apple, pear and peach.
2 sheets Puff Pastry (about 15cm x 15cm)
2 tbsp Ginger syrup
2 tbsp Brown sugar
20 gr. Butter
A bit of mint for garnish
– Preheat the oven to 180C.
– Take a baking tray and line it with baking parchment. Put the sheets of puff pastry on it.
– Draw a square with the back of your knife, about a cm from the edge, making sure not to cut the pastry.
– Wash the apricots, take the stone out and slice into 3-4 slices.
– Layer the apricot slices on the pastry. Make sure all the fruit lays within the square you’ve made.
– Brush the ginger syrup on the apricots.
– Spread the sugar over the fruit.
– Dice the butter in very small cubes and divide over the fruit as well.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.