Kimchi is a part of all Korean dinners, but usually it takes a bit of time to pickle properly. This recipe though, is very quick and has all the Kimchi flavours in it.
This recipe is part of the Korean Dinner series.
Serves 4 as a side dish
2 tbsp Pepper flakes (I used a finely chopped chili pepper instead)
1 tbsp Sugar
1,5 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 cloves of Garlic, grated
3 Spring Onions, finely chopped
1 Carrot, chopped julienne
– Wash the cucumber and cut it in quarters, lengthwise, and in sticks of 5 cm long.
– Put the cucumber in a bowl with 2 tsp of salt, mix well and put aside for 10 minutes.
– In the mean while; mix all the other ingredients in a bowl.
– When the cucumber is done, pour away all the liquid. Rinse well with water and dry off on a kitchen towel.
– Mix the cucumber with the Kimchi mix.
Serve immediately or set aside in the fridge for an hour so all the flavours get stronger.