Everyone has days that you don’t have the energy to cook but do want a good plate of food. This is the recipe that will give you a healthy and filling plate of delicious food. To make it even quicker; use left over chicken or pork. And to make it a bit more fancy; why not replace the chicken with some prawns?
250 gr. Instant Japanese Ramen (or about 150 gr. of dried Egg Noodles)
250 gr. Chicken breast
1 tbsp Sunflower oil
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Small bunch of fresh Coriander or Parsley
5 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 red Chili, finely chopped
1 can of Pineapple Chunks, fruit and juice is needed (about 450 gr.)
2 Spring Onions
– If you use dried egg noodles, cook them according to package instructions.
– Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Chop the coriander or parsley finely.
– Mix the oil with the coriander or parsley and season with salt and pepper. Put the chicken into it and mix well to marinade. Leave for 5 minutes.
– Take a new bowl and mix the ketchup, vinegar, chili and the juice from the pineapples.
– Heat some oil in a pan or wok and bake the chicken until done and slightly browned.
– Toss in the pineapple chunks, noodles (instant or the ones you cooked in the first step) and the ketchup mixture. Warm through for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with some finely chopped spring onions.