For me, autumn is all about big flavours and comfort food. The seasonal produces have amazing colours and fill the house with wonderful aromas. This recipe is a very simple and elegant dish with very little ingredients but very much autumn spirit. Because there are so little ingredients, buy the best of each and it will still be affordable.
400 gr. Fresh Pasta (use Tagliatelle, spaghetti or Pappardelle)
2 tbsp Olive Oil + extra to serve
2 cloves of Garlic
4 Sausages (use spiced and with herbs such as Italian sausage, Chipolata, Bratwurst etc.)
250 gr. Mushrooms (mix to taste: shiitake, chanterelle, oyster mushrooms etc.)
A few Sprigs of Thyme
Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
– Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
– Chop the onion finely. Cut the sausages in bite size pieces. Clean the mushrooms with a dry cloth and slice them in rough pieces.
– Heat the olive oil in the pan and brown the onion. Squeeze the garlic above the pan and mix through.
– Add the slices of sausage and brown them for 4-6 minutes until they are done.
– Add the mushrooms and warm them through for 2-4 minutes.
– Season the mixture to taste with the leaves of the thyme, salt and pepper.
– Mix the pasta through the mushroom mixture so it will take on all the lovely flavours.
Serve the pasta with the mushroom mixture, a few drops of olive oil and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.