Would you like to impress family and friends with a warm and hearty lunch? This is the recipe to do it! It is filling, loaded with healthy endive and has a secret layer of taste explosion with the tapanade. If you leave the anchovy out, it will also go down well with vegetarians. And maybe the best thing about it, that it can be made with left overs!
4 sheets Puff Pastry (15×15 cm each)
100-150 gr Endive
2-3 tbsp Crème Fraîche or Sour Cream
6 sun dried Tomatoes
2 Anchovy (small ones from a tin)
1 tsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
2 large ramekins/ oven proof dishes (Ø 12-15 cm)
– Preheat the oven to 180C degrees.
– Line the ramekins with 2 sheets of pastry in each dish, overlapping on the bottom of the dish. Pinch a few holes in the pastry on the bottom with a fork.
– Place the dishes in the oven and pre-bake for 15 minutes.
– Wash the endive. Cut it as small as you’d like. I put it in the blender for a really fine texture.
– Mix the endive with the crème fraîche and season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the tapenade
– Take a blender and add the sun dried tomatoes, anchovy and lemon juice. Mix until you have a paste. If it’s too dry you can add a spoonful of oil from the jar of sun dried tomatoes.
– When the pre baking is done, take the dishes out of the oven. Watch out it’s HOT!!
– Divide the tapenade in two and spread it evenly on the pastry.
– Add the endive to the dishes and fill the dishes to the top.
– Make a bit of a dent in the endive of each dish and crack an egg in each dent. Put a bit of seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste on the egg.
– Put back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.