Depending on where you live, the gardening season has been on it’s way for some time. And the time to get harvesting is for some vegetables not far away. So I present you a basic soup that is delicious, packed full of vitamins and very suitable for any left overs or for whatever you find in your garden.
Serves 2 as lunch
1 large Onion
400 gr. Carrot
1/4 bunch Celery
600 ml Stock (chicken or vegetable)
1 big tbsp Crème Fraîche or Sour Cream
Some fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, chives etc.)
– Roughly chop the onion. Wash, peel and dice the carrot and celery.
– Heat some oil or butter in a large soup pan and add the onion; sweat for a few minutes. Add the carrot and celery and bake them for a few minutes.
– Add the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
– Take the soup off the heat and blend it until it’s smooth.
– Put back on a low heat and add the crème fraîche. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve with some freshly chopped herbs and toast.